Genki Japanese School Fukuoka is a Japanese language school founded in 2004.
The Genki Japanese school is specialized in teaching communicative Japanese.
Unlike most Japanese schools, courses are aimed at speakers of languages other than Kanji (mainly European).
The Japanese school in Fukuoka is just 5 minutes from Hakata station, the main station in Fukuoka and the biggest station in Kyushu. Also, Fukuoka airport is just 10 minutes away by subway and Fukuoka beach is only 30 minutes away.
The school has 16 classrooms, a reception area for students with friendly staff who are always ready to help you and speak perfect English, a student lounge, microwave, PC with broadband Internet access, free WIFI, Wii game console with a large selection of games, sizeable on-screen video projector and library with free instant coffee and tea.
All Japanese teachers are qualified to teach Japanese as a foreign language.
The government of Japan accredits Japanese Genki schools, it is also one of only two Japanese schools accredited by the International Association of Language Centres and the first Japanese school to be voted a Star World Language School in Japan, the highest award in the industry.
Why Genki Japanese and Culture School Fukuoka is the best language school to learn Japanese in Fukuoka, Japan
- Best location in Fukuoka, only a five-minute walk from the central Hakata station (the biggest station in Kyushu).
- Can study for as long as you want, from 1 week to a year or more.
- Combined programs among the 3 schools (Tokyo, Fukuoka, Kyoto) allow students to experience all cities.
- Flexible schedules with courses start every Monday year-round.
- School is open all year round.
- Small classes, maximum 8 students, average 6.
- Voted Star World Language School in 2016, the industry's highest award. First Japanese school to ever get it.
- We are one of only two Japanese schools accredited by the International Association of Language Centres.
Most popular activities that Genki Japanese and Culture School Fukuoka organises in the afternoons, evenings and weekends in Fukuoka
- High school exchange. Make friends with Japanese high schoolers and join their club activities.
- Language exchange program. We pair students with native Japanese speakers to make friends and practise their language.
- Language lounge. Weekly language exchange event with Japanese residents learning English.
- Movie night (once per week, Japanese movie screening in the student lounge, with free popcorn).
- City tour once per week. The school staff show students around the city.
- Game nights (learn hanafuda, goh, shogi and more, held around once a month).
- Festivals (join traditional seasonal Japanese festivals, sometimes over weekends).
- Public holiday field trips. A free field trip every public holiday means you'll never be bored.
- Traditional Culture/Pop Culture classes on Saturdays.
- Weekly Friday party (usually at a traditional Japanese restaurant or Genki JACS, with our staff or Japanese volunteer).
- Bowling/karaoke/etc. parties (usually arranged by university students).