Japan

Country

Japanese Language Schools in Japan. Japanese Language Courses in Fukuoka, Kyoto, Nagoya & Tokyo

Information

A Japanese language course in Japan will give you the unique opportunity to learn Japanese culture and traditions, live with a Japanese family to have a total immersion of the language. We also have accommodation in apartments with other international Japanese students.

How are the Japanese? The Japanese are very educated people; they use reverence for the greeting instead of shaking hands or two kisses. They are also punctual and very kind, always have detail when they go to your home (do not forget to bring a gift-wrapped and with their ties when they invite you to a house) or stay with you or to go on a trip.

The Japanese are very respectful, especially when talking to older people. Another highlight of Japanese society is that they are spotless and tidy, it was possible to see in the World Cup in Brazil when after finishing a game in Japan, the Japanese fans picked up everything on the ground and left it clean before leaving.

The cities of Japan are very clean although there are not many public litter bins, they are not honest because they clean them more, if not because they do not soil them, something more effective and less cost for the Japanese government.

Japan is an archipelago composed of 6,852 islands where a total population is 127 million inhabitants.

The most famous islands are Hokkaid艒, Honshu, Kyushu and Shikoku. 85% of the territory is mountainous, and the remaining 15% is cultivated and livestock. Japan has a Parliamentary Monarchy where the official currency of the country is the Yen. Japan is a rainy country, with high humidity and a temperate climate with four distinct seasons.

Tokyo is a traditional and ultra-modern capital with 9.2 million inhabitants where you can enjoy and learn by taking a Japanese course.

As curious things to keep in mind before going to Japan

  • They always try to avoid the number 4 because it is the number of bad luck, similar to 13 in Western culture.
  • Blowing your nose in public is considered impolite, Japanese does it in bathrooms, in private.
  • Tip in a restaurant is not well seen in Japan; you do not have to pay extra for an excellent service when the service is supposed to be of quality.
  • The Japanese do not usually eat when they walk down the street, it is not very well considered by the elderly, although lately people are seen eating a sandwich while walking.
  • Absorbing Japanese noodles is a good education; it means that you like what you are eating while you try not to burn yourself.

City preference per type of student

Even if our students are similar in terms of demographics, there are some disparities in terms of learning/cultural experience goals among them, as shown below.

Fukuoka: Because there are few foreigners, it is ideal for those who wish to fully immerse themselves in the language. It is a destination for folks who like being close to beautiful beaches and parks.

Tokyo: Ideal for students who like Japanese pop culture, an international atmosphere, and large cities with a large population and endless entertainment.

Kyoto: Ideal for those who desire to immerse themselves completely in traditional Japanese culture and environment. Green tea and Japanese sweets fans will like this as well.

Nagoya: Ideal for students who want to be in a bigger city but don't want to be overwhelmed. Students interested in Samurai culture, Japanese fried cuisine, and being in an environment that is striving to reach its full potential!

Location

CountryJapan
Flag
CurrencyJPY
Currency symbol¥
USD today conversion≈ 128.383261

Summary

Year2022
Holidays (country)01/Jan 馃爾 10/Jan, 11/Feb, 23/Feb, 21/Mar, 29/Apr, 02/May, 03/May, 04/May, 18/Jul, 11/Aug, 19/Sep, 23/Sep, 10/Oct, 03/Nov, 23/Nov
Year2023
Holidays (country)01/Jan, 02/Jan, 09/Jan, 11/Feb, 23/Feb, 21/Mar, 29/Apr, 03/May, 04/May, 05/May, 17/Jul, 11/Aug, 18/Sep, 23/Sep, 09/Oct, 03/Nov, 23/Nov

Images

Cities

Fukuoka

Fukuoka

Destination for total immersion, there is little tourism. Fukuoka is the largest city on Kyushu Island, the third largest in Japan

School1
Kyoto

Kyoto

Embrace the Culture of Japan in the heart of ancient Edo, follow the path of the Samurais and the Shogunate, visit the oldest Shrines and Temples

School1
Nagoya

Nagoya

Fun city with a youthful attitude and a lot of fun somewhat like a mini Tokyo

School1
Tokyo

Tokyo

The city of the future. Experience Otaku culture at the famous Akihabara or get lost in the largest and busiest train station in the world

School1