Nagoya, Japan's third-biggest city after Tokyo and Osaka, is in the heart of Aichi Prefecture and is rich in history.
Nagoya is the birthplace of three of Japan's most influential figures: Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Tokugawa Ieyasu.
Fast forward a few hundred years, and another of Aichi's sons, Kiichiro Toyoda, would found Toyota Motors. This business has shaped our lives for the past century and established Nagoya as one of the country's key industrial centres.
Nagoya is a terrific city because it has great nightlife, many amazing restaurants, and many things to do.
Why Nagoya is the best city to live and study Japanese in Nagoya
- Nagoya is not one of Japan's most underappreciated cities. It offers everything you might want without being overly overpowering.
- Though it has all of the amenities of a large metropolis, it is significantly cheaper than other larger cities.
- Travelling is made simple by an extensive public transportation network that can reach practically every city area.
- The town centre is a hive of activity, with events, restaurants, and places to hang out with friends or classmates.
- If you like nature, a short ride outside the city boundaries will take you to Sekigahara valley, or if you want to go on a longer vacation, a day trip to Magome or Shirakawa is a wonderful alternative.
- A day excursion to Kyoto or maybe Osaka is also doable if you like shinkansen journeys.
- Nagoya is a vibrant city with much to see and do.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Nagoya
- Atsuta Shrine.
- Botanical Gardens.
- Buddhist Temple of Osu Kannon.
- Hisaya Odori Park.
- Inuyama Castle.
- Higashiyama Zoo.
- Legoland Japan.
- Nagoya Aquarium.
- Nagoya Castle & Garden.
- Nagoya City Science Museum.
- Nagoya Chubu Mirai Tower.
- Nagoya Port.
- Nagoya Station.
- Nagoya TV Tower.
- Oasis 21 of Sakae.
- Studio Ghibli Theme Park.
- The Nagoya City Art Museums.
- Tokugawa Museum & Garden.
- Toyota Museums and Tours.
- Tsuruma Park is a wonderful place during the Sakura season.
Most important events and festivals in Nagoya
- Hanami Flower Viewing.
- Inuyama Festival.
- Konomiya Naked Festival.
- Nagoya Castle Autumn Festival.
- Nagoya Festival.
- Osu Street Performers Festival.
- Osu Summer Festival & Fireworks.
- Tado Festival.
- Tagata Fertility Festival.
- World Cosplay Summit.