Nagoya, Japan's third-biggest city after Tokyo and Osaka, is situated in the heart of Aichi Prefecture and is rich in history.
Nagoya is the birthplace of three of Japan's most influential figures: Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Tokugawa Ieyasu.
Fast forward a few hundred years, and another of Aichi's sons, Kiichiro Toyoda, would found Toyota Motors, a business that has shaped our lives for the past century, and establish Nagoya as one of the country's key industrial centres.
Nagoya is a terrific city to visit since it has great nightlife, a lot of amazing restaurants, and a lot of things to do.
Why Nagoya is the best city to live and study Japanese in Nagoya
- Nagoya is not one of Japan's most underappreciated cities. It offers everything you might want without being overly overpowering.
- Though it has all of the amenities of a large metropolis, it is significantly cheaper than other larger cities.
- Travelling is made simple by an extensive public transportation network that can reach practically every area of the city.
- The town centre is a hive of activity, with events, restaurants, and places to hang out with friends or classmates.
- If you like nature, a short ride outside of the city boundaries will take you to Sekigahara valley, or if you want to go on a longer vacation, a day trip to Magome or Shirakawa is a wonderful alternative.
- A day excursion to Kyoto or maybe Osaka is also doable if you like shinkansen journeys.
- Nagoya is a vibrant city with much to see and do.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Nagoya
- Atsuta Shrine.
- Botanical Gardens.
- Buddhist Temple of Osu Kannon.
- Hisaya Odori Park.
- Inuyama Castle.
- Higashiyama Zoo.
- Legoland Japan.
- Nagoya Aquarium.
- Nagoya Castle & Garden.
- Nagoya City Science Museum.
- Nagoya Chubu Mirai Tower.
- Nagoya Port.
- Nagoya Station.
- Nagoya TV Tower.
- Oasis 21 of Sakae.
- Studio Ghibli Theme Park.
- The Nagoya City Art Museums.
- Tokugawa Museum & Garden.
- Toyota Museums and Tours.
- Tsuruma Park, a wonderful place during Sakura season.
Most important events and festivals in Nagoya
- Hanami Flower Viewing.
- Inuyama Festival.
- Konomiya Naked Festival.
- Nagoya Castle Autumn Festival.
- Nagoya Festival.
- Osu Street Performers Festival.
- Osu Summer Festival & Fireworks.
- Tado Festival.
- Tagata Fertility Festival.
- World Cosplay Summit.