Atlas Language School was founded in Dublin in 2003 with just one classroom and one student but expanded very quickly to become one of the fastest-growing language schools in Ireland.
Atlas Language School´s first location was in the centre of Ranelagh; they had to move to a new place in Dublin as the premises became too small. It was the same scenario with the second location, and they had to move to a third location, the actual one in Portobello House, a beautiful landmark building in the heart of Dublin.
The new school in Portobello is a state-of-the-art facility with 24 classrooms, a student cafe, library, meditation room, computer lab, and a large student relaxation area. We welcome students from all around the world on a wide range of courses, including General English, Exam Preparation, and Junior Programmes.
Atlas is accredited by and recognised by ACELS, a service of Quality and Qualifications Ireland, for English language teaching (ELT) and EAQUALS, meeting high standards in all areas, including education, course programmes, as well as course organisation, testing and evaluation. The school is a member of MEI and ALTO and is accredited and recognised by Cambridge, TOEIC and Trinity College Examination Centres. As a great recognition of what we do, Atlas Language School has won the ST Star Awards for Best English Language School in Europe om 2017 and 2019.
The primary mission at Atlas Language School is for the students to have an unforgettable life and learning experience.
With excellent teachers and facilities, a comprehensive and fun social programme and a perfect central location, Atlas is The best English Language school to learn English in Dublin.
Why Atlas Language School is the best language school to learn English in Dublin
- Chosen by a vote of language agencies around the world as the best English Language School in Europe twice.
- Excellent Academic Programmes.
- Free Study Club, Afternoon Elective and Job Shop Classes.
- Great Nationality Mix.
- Iconic building in the centre and best area of Dublin.
- Language School with many accreditations and recognitions.
- Official school to take the Cambridge exams in Dublin.
- Qualified and Experienced Teachers of English as a Second Language.
- Wide and dynamic social activities are organized by the school.
- Wide variety of accommodation options.
Most popular activities that Atlas Language School organises in the afternoons in Dublin
- Afternoon Elective Classes (e.g. Pronunciation Class, Reading Circle, English Through Music, English Around The World, Film and Fluency Club) every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Board Game afternoon, 90 minutes every second Tuesday.
- Job shop Session, 100 minutes every Monday.
- Museums, Galleries and Tours in and around Dublin (e.g. Kilmainham Goal, The Guinness Storehouse, The National Gallery, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Cycling in Phoenix Park, etc.) every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Study Club Session, 90 minutes every Wednesday.
Most popular activities that Atlas Language School organises in the evenings in Dublin
- Bowling and Quasar.
- Ceili – Irish Dancing.
- International Food Night.
- Language Exchanges.
- Pub Quiz.
- Student Parties (e.g. Halloween, Carnival, Christmas).
Most popular excursions and trips that Atlas Language School organises at the weekends
- Greystones to Bray Scenic Walk.
- Howth Cliff Walk.
- Overnight Trip to the North of Ireland (Belfast, Titanic Museum, the Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge).
- Overnight Trip to the West of Ireland (Galway, Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands).
- Rock of Cashel and Kildare.