Genki Japanese School Tokyo is a Japanese language school founded in 2013.
The Genki Japanese school is specialized in teaching communicative Japanese. Unlike most Japanese schools, courses are aimed at speakers of languages other than Kanji (mainly European).
The school overlooks the famous Hanazono Shrine, just an 8-minute walk from Shinjuku Train Station, the world's busiest train station, and the closest subway station, Shinjuku 3 choume, is only 3 minutes walk.
Despite being the Japanese school in the centre of Tokyo and a very busy part of the city, the location of the language school is in a quiet and relaxed area, which makes it a perfect environment to learn the Japanese language and culture.
The school has 8 classrooms, a reception area for students with friendly staff who are always ready to help you and speak perfect English, a student lounge, microwave, PC with broadband Internet access, free WIFI, Wii game console with a large selection of games, large on-screen video projector and library with free instant coffee and tea.
All Japanese teachers are qualified to teach Japanese as a foreign language.
The government of Japan accredits Japanese Genki schools, it is also one of only two Japanese schools accredited by the International Association of Language Centres and the first Japanese school to be voted a Star World Language School in Japan, the highest award in the industry.
Why Genki Japanese and Culture School Tokyo is the best language school to learn Japanese in Tokyo, Japan
- Best location in Tokyo and only an eight-minute walk from the central Shinjuku station (the world's busiest train station).
- You can study from 1 to 24 weeks (6 months).
- Combined programs among the 3 schools (Tokyo, Fukuoka, Kyoto) allows students to experience all cities.
- Flexible schedules with courses start every Monday year-round.
- School is open all year round.
- Small classes, maximum 8 students, average 6.
- Voted Star World Language School in 2016, the industry's highest award. First Japanese school to ever get it.
- We are one of only two Japanese schools accredited by the International Association of Language Centres.
Most popular activities that Genki Japanese and Culture School Tokyo organises in the afternoons, evenings and weekends in Tokyo
- Language exchange program (we pair students with native Japanese speakers to make friends and practise their language).
- Movie night (once per week, Japanese movie screening in the student lounge, with free popcorn).
- City tour (once per week, our staff show students around the city).
- Game nights (learn hanafuda, goh, shogi and more, held around once a month).
- Festivals (join traditional seasonal Japanese festivals, sometimes over weekends).
- Public holiday field trips (a free field trip on every public holiday means you'll never be bored!).
- Traditional Culture/Pop Culture classes on Saturdays.
- Weekly Friday party (usually at a traditional Japanese restaurant or Genki JACS, with our staff or Japanese volunteer).
- Bowling/karaoke/etc. parties (usually arranged by university students).