Seattle is a relatively small “big” city, with just under 750,000 residents in the city itself.
Each neighbourhood has its personality and is worth exploring.
Independent businesses are a big part of Seattle culture.
Seattle is the home of Amazon, Starbucks, Microsoft, and more; it’s also the home of grunge and maybe even Bigfoot.
Why Seattle is the best city to live and study English in the USA
- Seattle is a big city with the great amenities of a modern city while also being enveloped in beautiful nature.
- Seattle is a young city, with the median age of residents being 35 years old.
- Seattle has cosy cafes, unique boutiques, and outdoor activity opportunities.
- Seattle is an excellent city for students, with lots of colleges and universities in and around the city.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Seattle
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass Museum.
- Columbia Tower.
- Fremont Troll.
- Gas Works Park.
- MoPOP (Museum of Pop Culture).
- Pike Place Market.
- Seattle Space Needle.
Most important events and festivals in Seattle
- Emerald City Comic Con in March.
- Fremont Solstice Parade in June. People-powered parade.
- PrideFest in June.
- Seattle Fireworks show on July 4th, one of the biggest in the USA.
- Capitol Hill Block Party in July. Music festival.
- Bumbershoot in September. Music and arts festival.
- Seafair from June to August.
- Seafair Weekend in August, events include the Torchlight parade, hydroplane races, and an air show by the Blue Angels.
- Christmas Ship Festival in December.
- New Year’s Eve Space Needle Fireworks show.