The island of Ibiza is part of the Balearic Islands. The island is about 87 km away from the mainland.
The island's surface area is 569,2 km2, therefore about 1,5 times bigger than the Isle of Wight.
The population is 129.562 inhabitants.
The island's capital is Ibiza (Eivissa), located in the Southeast.
The island counts 160 km of coast, where more than 50 beautiful sandy-crystal clear water beaches are located every 2-3 kilometres.
It is a small island with a changing beautiful landscape.
Green hills and open planes become golden sand bathed in the warm Mediterranean sunshine, where traditional life thrives inland.
With awesome beaches and rural beauty, this energetic island has it all.
With a Mediterranean climate, Ibiza enjoys mild winters and hot summers, with temperatures ranging from 8ºC in the wintertime, rising to 15ºC in the springtime, and climbing up to 30ºC in the summer.
The Official Tourism Office has started a Campaign named “Love Ibiza”, an awareness campaign on sustainability and responsible attitudes inspired by the United Nations´ sustainable development objectives and by UNWTO sustainable tourism to create a well-informed community for residents and visitors.
Most popular tourist attractions and things to do and see in Ibiza
- Cave Can Marçà.
- Cave paintings in Ses Fontanelles.
- Dance at the Drum Party in Benirràs.
- Evening at Punta Galera.
- Evening at San Antoni de Portmany.
- Fortified Church of San Eulària.
- Hippy market Punta Arabí.
- Puig des Molins necropolis and the Phoenician settlement of Sa CaletaPunta des Moscarter lighthouseRent your boat and sail in the Pitiusas.
- Stone arch of Cala Aubarca.
- Sunset at Cala Benirrás.
- Sunset at Ses Salines Natural Park.
- Take a natural mud bath.
- VIP parties at the best clubs in Ibiza.
- Visit the Es Vedrá area.
- Visit Flea Market Las Dalias at San Carlos.
- Visit Formentera.
- Visit Ibiza´s Cathedral La Virgen de las Nieves.
- Visit old town Ibiza: Dalt Villa (the town´s area inside and around the city walls).
- Visit the Ibiza Museum and the Necropolis.
- Visit the walled city of Dalt Vila.
- Walk around the city at noon, and taste Spanish tapas.
- Watch Sunset at San Jose de Sa Talaia, Cala D´Hort Beach.
Most important events and festivals in Ibiza
- January / February: Cherry-blossom trees, a beautiful image to watch at Pla de Corona and Santa Inés. A great moment to en enjoy nature in Ibiza, and various Tracking Associations organise excursions around the area.
- March: Spring Party at Atzaró Ibiza, one of the most beautiful agro-tourism resorts on the island, that many years ago decided to welcome spring by organising a nice party. Ever since the Spring Party at Atzaró became a famous and successful event that neither residents nor tourists want to miss. Life music, children's activities, food, art, workshops, flea markets…everything happens around the stylish resort.
- April: Easter is celebrated with religious parades and “procesiones” that occur within the Dált Vila Walls. During the rituals, de religious congregations stop at unique spots, under private balconies, where spiritual songs are recited the Andalusian way. Santa Eulalia town is another new spot where you could visit Puis de Missa, where the Via Crucis is represented.
- Ibiza´s half Maratón: Takes place at the end of April, gathering many runners from Ibiza and other areas. Two runs are held, ten kilometres and 21 kilometres.
- Ibiza Spirit Festival: Once again, the Agro-tourism resort Atzaró becomes a unique spot to enjoy peace and promote well-being and mindfulness. It is magical gardens are the ideal place to hold this celebration.
- May: Disco openings at Ibiza. The discos in Ibiza are famous around the world for having the best atmosphere and best music.
- Dreams of Freedom Festival: Usually take place in late May or April with an excellent music/singers Program.
- Medieval Festival: During the second week of May, from Thursday to Sunday, the Medieval Festival takes place around the narrow streets at the La Marina quarter and Dalt Vila area. Theater, arts and crafts, food and decoration. Diverse street-theatre plays take place.
- International Music Summit: Takes place at the end of May. It was created in 2007 by English DJ Pete Tong, and it has become one of the essential electronic music venues worldwide.
- June: AD-LIB Fashion Catwalk Venue. If you enjoy fashion, June is your month here in Ibiza. The Venue has taken place for over 45 years now, and it gathers famous stars that come to the island to discover new trends in Ad-Lib fashion. The location changes every year.
- September: Eivissa Jazz Festival takes place around the Dalt Vila área, with local and international well-known musicians.
- DJ Awards: Electronic music fans cannot miss this prestigious event created in 1998, which awards the most recognised DJs in electronic music.
- October: Disco Closing Parties occur on different dates throughout the month. Great music gathers people from different parts of the world that come exclusively to celebrate the closing parties.
- Mid-October: Cycling Tour of Ibiza. The bike tour to Ibiza is in mid-October, and each year has excellent participation. Various routes through the most beautiful places on the island by bike, in which cyclists of the stature of Miguel Indurain, Abraham Olano, José Babeloki or Fernando Escartín have already participated.
- Agrotourism Atzaró Ibiza
Why Ibiza is the best city to live and study Spanish
- Ibiza is a prominent gastronomic and sustainable destination in Spain.
- Ibiza is an island with many young people and a great atmosphere.
- Ibiza is surrounded by nature.
- The Ibicencos are very friendly and close.
- The multitude of activities that you can explore in Ibiza.
- The Spanish school in Ibiza has very personalised courses.
- There are good Spanish schools in Ibiza.