Cape Town has four million inhabitants (metropolitan area), with a very mild climate throughout the year, it is the second-most populous city in South Africa after Johannesburg.
Cape Town is often referred to as “the Mother City”, an affectionate term both locals and international visitors use to describe the sense of home they feel in the city.
Cape Town is a young, multicultural and vibrant city with unique surroundings, nature that will never stop to impress you, fantastic beaches, and so many things to do that we stopped counting them.
Students in Cape Town appreciate the low living costs allowing them to stay for long periods.
Cape Town and South Africa have a rich and emotional historical background, with many ethnic groups living side by side.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions and things to do and see in Cape Town
- Bo-Kaap (colourful Muslim district).
- Boulders Beach.
- Camps Bay.
- Cape of Good Hope & Chapman’s Peak Drive.
- Castle of Good Hope.
- City Hall Cape town.
- District Six Museum.
- Greenmarket Square.
- Hout Bay.
- Iziko South African Museum.
- Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
- Robben Island.
- Signal Hill.
- Stellenbosch (Vineyards without end).
- Table Mountain.
- The Company’s Garden.
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
Most important events and festivals in Cape Town
- Cape Town Carnival.
- Cape Town Folk 'n Acoustic Music Festival.
- Cape Town Funny Festival.
- Cape Town International Jazz Festival CTIJF.
- Cape Town International Kite Festival.
- Cape Town Marathon.
- Earth Dance Cape town.
- Kirstenbosch Summer Concert series.
- National Arts Festival.
- Open book Festival.
- RTD (Rocking the Daisies).
- Stellenbosch Craft Beer Festival.
- Stellenbosch Fine Wine and Food Festival.
- The Chocolate Festival.
- Up the Creek.
Why Cape Town is the best city to live and study English in South Africa
- Beautiful surroundings and stunning views.
- Endless activity possibilities.
- Friendly people.
- Great quality wine and great food.
- Low living costs compared to other English-speaking destinations.
- Modern infrastructure.
- Pleasant weather all year round.
- Rich in culture and history.
- Very clear spoken English.
- Young and multicultural vibrant city.
10 must-do activities in Cape town
- Drive along Chapman’s Peak.
- Have a braai (barbecue) with South Africans.
- Have sundowners on top of Signal Hill.
- Hike up Table Mountain.
- Tour through the Winelands.
- Visit art shops in Kalk Bay.
- Visit Robben Island.
- Visit the Cape of Good Hope.
- Visit the District Six Museum.
- Watch a rugby match.