Lively Student life, beautiful medieval architecture, historic city, capital of Normandy and located close to Paris.
Rouennais are friendly people, and there is very good food and culinary traditions, as a large choice of cultural events and sporting activities.
Why Rouen is the best city to live and study French in France
- Affordable cost of living.
- Authentic French experience.
- Capital of Impressionism.
- City of Flaubert, Maupassant, Corneille, Joan of Arc, De Beauvoir…
- Easy access from Paris.
- The historic capital of Normandy.
- The second-largest collection of impressionist paintings.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Rouen
- Cathedral of Rouen.
- Ceramic Museum.
- Corneille’s House.
- Docks 76, a big shopping centre.
- Historial Joan of Arc.
- Laser games.
- Museum of EducationMusu of Antiquities.
- Museum of Fine Arts.
- Museum of Medicine.
- Old market.
- Panorama XXL.
- Rue du Gros Horloge.
- Walk around the Seine.
- Wrought iron museum.
Most important events and festivals in Rouen
- Autumn in Normandy.
- Classical music festival in August.
- Fun Fair ‘Foire St Romain’ in October/November.
- Gourmet Festival “La Fête du ventre” in the autumn.
- Impressionist festival.
- Music Festival in June.
- Rouen Armada.
- Spring of the poets.
- Thursday Music Festival terraces, every Thursday in July.