The City of Light (Paris) is the capital and the largest city in France. The area is 105 square kilometres (41 square miles), and around 2.15 million people live there. If suburbs are counted, the population of the Paris area rises to 12 million people.
Paris is the centre of the economy, politics, traffic, and culture in France.
Paris has so many art museums and historical buildings.
Paris has a very good subway system and two airports.
The Seine river runs through the oldest part of Paris and divides it into two parts, known as the Left Bank and the Right Bank. It is surrounded by many forests.
Why Paris the best city to live and study French in France
- Paris is a big city full of students.
- It is international, and there are always things to do every day and at every hour of the day and night.
- Paris is really great also regarding Culture and Art. So many museums to see and discover!
- Finally, there are metros, buses, and trains to travel everywhere. It is very accessible!
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Paris
- Arc de Triomphe.
- Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Paris.
- Eiffel Tower.
- Fondation Louis Vuitton.
- Le Seine river.
- Luxembourg Gardens.
- Musee de l'Orangerie.
- Musee de Louvre.
- Musee D'Orsay.
- Musée Picasso.
- Palais Garnier.
- the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur.
Most important events and festivals in Paris
- Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demain, January.
- Banlieues Bleues Festival, March/April.
- Paris Fringe Festival, May.
- Roland Garros, May/June.
- Gay Pride, June.
- Fete de la Musique, June.
- Versailles Masquerade Ball, June.
- Les grandes Eaux de Versailles, July/Aug/sep.
- Bastille day, July.
- Rock en Seine, August.
- Paris Techno Parade, September.
- Art Paris Art Fair, September.
- Paris Fashion Week, September/October.
- Arc de Triomphe Horse Race, October.
- Salon du Chocolat, October.
- Marathon de Paris, November.
- Pitchfork Festival, November.