Everyone from Manchester will tell you it’s the best city in the world and it’s easy to see why.
The city’s symbol is the bee, representing the energy, community and spirit that you’ll find in Manchester.
Known as the ‘capital of the North’, Manchester boasts two of the biggest football clubs in the world (City and United) and is home to MediaCityUK – an international hub for technology and innovation.
There is a thriving music scene to enjoy as well as a wide variety of bars, restaurant and activities that will make Manchester an unforgettable stay.
Most popular tourist attractions and things to do and see in Manchester
- Manchester United and Manchester City Football Club. Watch two of the biggest football clubs in the world take on the world’s biggest football clubs at Old Trafford and Etihad Stadium.
- Museums and Galleries. Visit some of the UK’s most iconic galleries and museums such as the Imperial War Museum, Manchester Art Gallery, Football Museum and many more,
- Shopping. Lovers of shopping are spoilt for choice in Manchester. The Trafford Centre and Manchester Arndale are just two of its internationally renowned shopping centre.
- Media City. Take a tour of the UK’s first media city where much of BBC and ITV broadcasting.
- Manchester wheel.
- Music festivals.
Most important events and festivals in Manchester
- Christmas market.
- Just So Festival.
- Manchester Day.
- Manchester Food and Drink Festival.
- Manchester Histories Festival.
- Manchester Irish Festival.
- Manchester Jazz Festival.
- Manchester Pride Big Weekend.
- Manchester Punk Festival.
- Parklife Festival.
Most popular sights in Manchester
- Old Trafford.
- Chetham's Library.
- Heaton Park.
- Manchester Art Gallery.
- Manchester Cathedral.
- Manchester Town Hall.
- Museum of Science and Industry.
- National Football Museum.
- People's History Museum.
- Platt Hall: Gallery of Costume.
Why Manchester is the best city to live and study English
- Manchester has the absolute greatest Christmas advertises in the UK Manchester is home to four major colleges, and benevolent to understudies.
- Manchester has one of the greatest understudy populaces in Europe.
- Manchester has a vivacious music and nightlife scene – numerous large groups and craftsmen play in Manchester.
- Manchester has the biggest student population from all over the world..
- Manchester is additionally recorded in the Lonely Planet's 'main 10 urban areas to visit in 2016'.
- Manchester is an extraordinary City for students.
- Manchester is home to two of the most celebrated football crews on the planet.
- Manchester is home two of the greatest football clubs on the planet, Manchester United and Manchester City.
- Manchester is the best UK city to live in, as indicated by the Global Liveability Survey 2016.
- Manchester is the financial capital of the North of England, and is superb for shopping.
- Manchester is the second city in the UK and a great place to study English.