Studying English in Canada will give you the unique opportunity to get to know the Canadian culture and traditions, live with a Canadian family to have a total immersion in the language and thus learn English better and faster. We also have accommodation in apartments with other international English students.
The best way to learn English in Canada is to immerse in the language, culture and history fully. We have schools to learn English in Canada in Calgary, Halifax, Kelowna, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria and Whistler.
Canada is a Federal Parliamentary Monarchy with 36 million inhabitants divided into ten provinces.
The capital of Canada is Ottawa, with 940 thousand inhabitants, although the most populated city in Canada is Toronto, with 2.7 million inhabitants.
Things you need to know before going to Canada
- Europeans wishing to travel to Canada must apply for the eTA Electronic Travel Authorization, with which you can be up to a maximum of 6 months (180 days). If you intend to stay longer, you must apply for a visa before the trip.
- Most Latin American countries (except Mexico) need visas to enter Canada.
- No vaccine is recommended or advised to travel to Canada beyond the usual ones: rabies, hepatitis B and tetanus, which are recommended even when you are not going.
- Look at the temperature you are going to have in the area and the date when you go to bring the appropriate clothes, in winter you will need polar clothes, thermal and 100% wool clothes. Also suitable footwear depending on where you are going to move.
- Health is not free in Canada, so it is essential to have travel insurance. Taking a small kit with basic things like analgesics, paracetamol, ibuprofen, and antihistamines is also advisable, so you do not have to go to the doctor for minor things.
- The electricity in Canada is 110V. And 60Hz, see that your electronic devices admit this voltage (the frequency in Hz is not essential). You will also need a Canadian plug adapter.
- The best mobile phone you have released because it is not easy to publish in Canada.
- The driving license is valid for six months. If you intend to stay a long time in Canada, it would be a good idea if you went with the International Driving License.
- Tips in restaurants are mandatory, are not included in the account and range from 10 to 15%.
- The large areas are usually open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and until 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- The Canadians are punctual and do not see with good eyes that you take more than 10-15 minutes, and they will not be there anymore. You will be dismissed from work if you arrive late regularly.