Cairns is a coastal city located in the state of Queensland, and it is famous for being the closest city to the Great Barrier Reef.
With tropical climate, its beaches, its proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and its attractions have made it a tropical paradise.
The great variety of its flora and fauna and its surroundings are full of unique natural landscapes (Palm Cove, Kuranda, Kewarra) making it a must-see.
After Sydney and Brisbane, Cairns is Australia's most popular tourist destination. You can visit Cairns all year round but watch out for the rainy season between December and March.
Cairns is your destination if you are fond of diving.
Why Cairns is the best city to live and study English in Australia
- A wide variety of public sports facilities and cultural venues.
- An exciting tourist and study destination.
- Cairns has 153,000 inhabitants and receives 2.4 million visitors annually.
- Cairns is 25% cheaper than Sydney.
- Cairns is a modern and progressive society that thrives in tropical climates.
- Cairns is the most livable tropical city in the world.
- Part-time jobs to be able to combine with studies.
- Pollution-free city.
- The natives of Cairns are friendly and helpful.
- Tropical paradise between the coral reef and the Rainforest.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions and things to do and see in Cairns
- Red Arrow Walk.
- Barron Falls.
- Botanic Gardens.
- Captain Cook Highway Rock Stacks.
- Daintree Forest.
- Fitzroy Island.
- Freshwater Station.
- Great Barrier Reef.
- Kuranda Scenic Railway.
- Lagoon de Cairns.
- McLeod Street Pioneer Cemetery.
- Mossman Gorge.
- Rainforest Cableway.
- Rainforestation Nature Park.
- Tanks Arts Centre.
- The Jack Barnes Bicentennial Mangrove Boardwalk.
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural ParkSkyrail.
Most important events and festivals in Cairns
- Cairns Airport Adventure Festival in June.
- Cairns Amateurs in September.
- Cairns Chinese New Year Festival in February.
- Cairns Festival in August.
- Cairns Indigenous Art Fair in July.
- Cairns Show in July.
- Cairns Ukulele Festival in August.
- Carnival on Collins in September.
- Coral Coast Triathlon.
- Festival Cairns in September.
- Ironman Cairns in June.
- Kuranda Roots Festival in June.
- Opera in the Outback in October.