How to get your Social Insurance (PRSI) Record

How to get your Contribution Statement in Ireland. It is a summary of your pay-related social insurance (PRSI) record in Ireland



We explain how to request your employment history, known as the "Work Life Report" or "Social Insurance Contributions Record", or U1 document.

What information does U1 contain?

  • Your years of contributions to Irish Social Security (PRSI).
  • It does not include the name of the companies you have worked for or the time you worked in each one.

How to apply for the U1 in Ireland?

1. On the internet

  • Sign up or log in at
  • Go to Statements, Refunds, and Repayments--> Contribution Statement --> Request Now.
  • They will send you the report by post.

2. By phone

  • Call +353 1 471 58 98 from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 17:00 and select option 4 ("International PRSI Record").

3. By email

Send an e-mail to this email address with the following information:

  • Name and surname.
  • Current address.
  • Date of birth.
  • PPSN number.
  • Copies of your last 2 payslips.
  • Copy of a recent invoice with your current address in your country.

4. By post

  • Post a letter, with the details and documents from point 3, requesting your "Social Insurance Contributions Record", to the following address:

Department of Social Protection

Client Eligibility Services

EU Records

McCarter’s Road

Buncrana - Co Donegal


Do you want a more detailed work history?

If you need a report that includes the names of the companies you have worked for and the time you worked in each one, you must expressly request it in writing to this email address.


  • Include your first and last name, current address, date of birth, PPSN number, and the years you wish to apply for it (note that they do not have data from companies before 1979).
  • For more information, visit the website:


  • Your employment history is important to prove your work experience in Ireland.
  • You can request it for free through different channels.
  • If you need a more detailed history, you must expressly request it in writing.

We hope this information is useful to you!