Madrid is the capital of Spain, with a population of 3.3 million and a metropolitan area population of 6.5 million.
Madrid is the third-largest metropolitan area in the European Union after London and Paris.
Madrid is known for the open and close character of the locals.
Madrid is the home of the Spanish Royal Family.
Madrid has an immense variety of museums and historical monuments.
Madrid has a perfect location in the centre of Spain for travelling around the Iberian Peninsula.
Why Madrid is the best city to live and study Spanish in Spain
- A constant flow of events and festivals.
- A social city with a vibrant nightlife.
- Capital of Spain and the third-largest city in Europe.
- Efficient public transport.
- Exposure to both historical and modern Spanish culture.
- Filled with historic attractions, museums and landmarks.
- Modern metropolitan city.
- Tapas and relaxed dining environment.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions and things to do and see in Madrid
- Bull ring "Las Ventas".
- Canalejas Square.
- Cibeles Palace & Square.
- Columbus Square.
- Debod Temple.
- El Retiro Park.
- Gran Via.
- La Almudena Cathedral.
- Madrid Rio.
- Market "El Rastro".
- Monument "Puerta de Alcalá".
- Neighborhoods Chueca, La Latina, Malasaña & Las Letras.
- Neptuno Fontaine.
- Orient Square.
- Prado Museum.
- Real Madrid Stadium “Santiago Bernabéu”.
- Reina Sofia Museum.
- Royal Palace of Madrid.
- Royal Theatre.
- Sabatini Gardens.
- San Miguel Market.
- Santa Ana Square.
- Square "Plaza de España".
- Square "Plaza Mayor".
- Square "Puerta del Sol".
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum.
Most important events and festivals in Madrid
- Alternative Mulafest festival in April.
- Fitur Music Festival in January.
- Gay Pride Festival in June / July.
- Heavy Download Festival in June.
- Mad Cool Festival in July.
- Rio Babel Festival in July.
- Rivas Rock Rock Festival in May.
- San Isidro Festival in May.
- Space of Sound Festival in January.
- Techno Festival a Summer Story in June
- Tomavistas Festival in May.