With 333,000 inhabitants, Alicante is the second-largest city in the Valencian Community and the 8th-largest metropolitan area of Spain.
Alicante is located in the southeast of the Iberian Peninsula, directly on the Costa Blanca – one of the most beautiful Spanish coasts.
Alicante has a delightful climate, beach, harbour, palm trees, and a charming old city centre with a castle overlooking the city.
Most important events and festivals in Alicante
- Bonfires of San Juan (end June).
- Volvo Ocean Race (June every two years).
- Los Reyes (January 5 night).
- Easter (March or April).
- Spring Festival.
- Moors and Christians.
Most popular tourist attractions and things to do in Alicante
- Santa Barbara Castle.
- Central Market.
- Old town.
- St. Nicholas Cathedral.
- Alicante Port.
- Postiguet Beach.
- Basilica of Santa Maria.
- Archaeological Museum.
- Museum of Contemporary Art.
Why Alicante is the best city to live and study
- Alicante is a lively student city with exceptional cuisine and nightlife.
- Vacation destination due to the excellent weather and beaches.
- Alicante has the perfect city to do everything on foot and for shopping, movies, coffee shops, bars and restaurants.
- The Spanish spoken in Alicante is neutral and perfect for students to learn quickly.
- Alicante combines vacations and learning Spanish in the best possible way.