Why Sliema is the best city to live and study English
Sliema is one of Malta's most popular and cosmopolitan parts. You’ll find everything you need close by, including shops, restaurants, bars, cafés, beach lidos, diving spots, and banks, all within easy walking distance.
You can walk 20-25 minutes to St. Julian’s, a nightlife spot with top bars and restaurants, as well as Paceville, which is bustling with life and activity, boosting bars and clubs that stay open until the early hours.
Sliema is also very well connected, and public transport is commonplace and reliable in this part of the island. It takes around 20 minutes to get to either Valletta or the airport by car and approximately 40 minutes by bus.
Most popular tourist attractions and things to do and see in Sliema
- Catching the ferry boat to Valletta.
- Independence Gardens is opposite the school.
- Promenade walk around Sliema.
- Qui Si-Sana Gardens.
- Roman Baths.
- Shops, restaurants, bars, cafés and banks.
- Statue of Three Maltese Actors.
- Stella Maris Church & Parish Church of Jesus of Nazareth.
- The Point Shopping Centre.
Most important events and festivals in Malta
- Beer Festival.
- Chocolate Festival.
- Citrus Feast.
- Earth Garden Festival.
- Easter: Good Friday Procession.
- Feast of St Paul’s Shipwreck.
- Festa Frawli – Strawberry Festival.
- Festival Mediterranea in Gozo.
- Ghanafest – Malteses Folk festival.
- Malta International Fireworks Festival.
- Malta Jazz Festival.
- Maltese Carnival.
- Notte Bianca.
- Numerous Wine Festivals.
- Sliema Traditional Feast: 13th March & 5th July & 26th July.
- Sliema: Surfside beach club (during summer) Various events are held weekly.
- The Isle of MTV.
- Village Festas, held in each town.
Most famous sights in Malta
- Comino (Blue Lagoon).
- Dingli cliffs.
- Fish Market, Marsaxlokk.
- Fort St Angelo.
- Fort St. Elmo.
- Grandmaster’s Palace.
- Hagar Qim.
- Malta National Aquarium.
- Manoel Theatre.
- Megalithic Temples of Malta.
- Mellieha Bay / Ghajn Tuffieha Bay.
- Popeye Village.
- Rotunda of Mosta.
- Saluting Battery.
- San Anton Gardens.
- St. John’s Co-Cathedral.
- St. Paul’s Catacombs, Rabat.
- St. Peter’s Pool.
- Ta Qali Crafts Village (e.g. Mdina Glass).
- Upper Barakka Gardens.