The word Gozo means "joy".
The island of Gozo in Malta has an unspoiled character, green landscapes and a laid-back attitude, which allow the perfect break from your busy lifestyle.
Gozitanos are friendly and hospitable people; they love spending time meeting people from different cultures and countries.
Blue seas, red sand beaches and beautiful walks off the beaten track characterize leisure on the island of Gozo in the Mediterranean.
In Gozo, you can enjoy fantastic diving experiences for both beginners and experienced divers.
Why Gozo is the best place to live and study English in Malta
- Gozo is a unique, greener and calmer place than Malta. Perfect location for those who seek tranquillity while studying English.
- In Gozo, you feel like you are in a small town surrounded by the Mediterranean.
- You will find historical sights and hear the sound of the ocean, feel like you are back in time, and life is slow-paced (but not dull, of course), and find peace to study and visit our most iconic places.
- Gozo is perfect for those who need some time to relax and study English in a highly qualified school.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions and things to do and see in Gozo
- Basilica of Ta´Pinu.
- Calypso Cave.
- Citadel & Victoria.
- Dwerja Bay & Blue Hole.
- Ggantija Temples.
- Hondoq Bay.
- Marsalforn & Ghar Qawqla.
- Ramla Beach.
- Salt Pans.
- Tal-Mixta Cave.
- Xlendi Bay.
Most important events and festivals in Gozo
- Christmas in Bethlehem a LIVE Christmas Crib Walk-Through.
- Feast of Santa Maria on 15 August.
- Nadur Carnival.