Broadstairs is a charming seaside village embracing foreign students.
Tiny stores, restaurants, cafés, bars, a local gym, and even a small cinema are available nearby.
Westwood Cross retail mall, with a bigger multiplex theatre, major restaurant brands, and a wide choice of stores, is only a short bus ride away from the school.
There are also sports facilities, a theme park, museums, art galleries, theatres, and entertainment in the region.
The wonderful town beach of Viking Bay, with many more beaches within walking distance, is what many students appreciate most about Broadstairs.
Broadstairs is a wonderful area to study and see the UK, with good transportation links to London, Canterbury, and Dover.
Broadstairs is just 1 hour and 20 minutes from London by high-speed rail.
Why Broadstairs is the best city to live and study English in England
- 80 minutes from London by high-speed train.
- A lovely beach village.
- A multi-screen theatre and sports centres are located nearby.
- Dover, Eurostar terminals, London, and the London airports are all easily accessible.
- Festivals and events occur regularly.
- Locals who have lived with foreign students for over 50 years are friendly.
- Lower cost of living when compared to some other cities.
- A small friendly town with stores, restaurants, cafés and bars abound.
- The beaches are stunning.
- There are historical ties.
- Train and local bus links are excellent.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Broadstairs
- Climbing wall and skateboarding centre.
- Dickens Museum (Charles).
- Local beaches.
- Local library.
- Local shops.
- Restaurants, coffee bars, and traditional tea rooms.
- Sports centre and local tennis courts.
- Surf school.
- Westwood Cross shopping centre.
Most important events and festivals in Broadstairs
- Broadstairs Blues Bash music festival in February.
- Dickens Week in June.
- Broadstairs Folk Week in August.
- Broadstairs Food Festival is in September or October.
- Firework displays throughout the summer school holidays and on Guy Fawkes night in November.