Bath is one of the top ten English cities visited by people from other countries, as it receives over 6 million visitors annually.
Bath is the biggest city in the county of Somerset, England, and it got its name and its reputation from the baths that the Romans in the city constructed.
You can find the city of Bath in the Avon Valley, 156 kilometres from London and 18 km from Bristol.
In 1987, Bath was added to the list of World Heritage sites.
The Roman Baths and the magnificent Temple were built around a natural hot spring at 46°C and were at the centre of Roman life.
A visit to the Roman Baths would not be complete without a stop in the Pump Room, which dates back to the 18th century and is located directly above the Temple.
Why Bath is the best city to live and study English in England, United Kingdom
- A fantastic evening atmosphere.
- Foodies will feel right at home here.
- It is home to the world-renowned Thermae Bath Spa.
- The axis of historical events.
- The location is ideal in every respect.
- There's a lot of green space and beautiful water all around you.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Bath
- Bath's Royal Crescent.
- Canal boat excursions.
- Cathedral Bath Abbey.
- Fashion Museum Bath/Assembly Rooms.
- Herschel Museum of Astronomy.
- Historic Roman baths.
- Holburne Museum.
- Jane Austen Centre.
- Mary Shelley's House of Frankenstein.
- Museum of Bath Architecture
- Pulteney Bridge.
- Royal Crescent.
- Royal Victoria Park.
- Somerset Place.
- The Bath Skyline.
- Theatre Royal.
- Thermae Bath Spa.
- Victoria Art Gallery.
Most important events and festivals in Bath
- Bath Bachfest in February.
- Bath Carnival in February.
- Bath Comedy Festival in March-April.
- The Bath Festival in May.
- The Jane Austen Festival in September.
- The Great Bath Feast in September.
- Bath Children's Literature Festival in September.
- Bath Half Marathon in October.
- FilmBath Festival in November.
- Bath Mozartfest in November.
- Bath Christmas Market in December.