Why Rio de Janeiro is the best city to live and study Portuguese in Brazil
- Language immersion: Rio de Janeiro is one of Brazil’s most vibrant and culturally-rich cities, making it an ideal place to immerse yourself in the Portuguese language and Brazilian culture.
- Access to qualified teachers: Rio de Janeiro is home to many reputable language schools and universities which offer Portuguese language courses taught by qualified and experienced teachers.
- Diverse learning experiences: Besides classroom-based learning, studying Portuguese in Rio de Janeiro can provide various learning experiences, such as cultural activities, field trips, and language exchanges with native speakers.
- Career opportunities: As the sixth-largest economy in the world and the largest in Latin America, Brazil is a significant player in global business, trade, and tourism. Studying Portuguese in Rio de Janeiro can give you an edge in pursuing career opportunities in these fields.
- Personal enrichment: Learning a new language and immersing yourself in a new culture can be a life-changing experience, broadening your perspective and enriching your personal life.
Overall, studying Portuguese in Rio de Janeiro can provide you with a unique and rewarding experience, both personally and professionally.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Rio de Janeiro
- Arpoador Beach.
- Botanical Garden.
- Cathedral of San Sebastian.
- Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil - CCBB Rio.
- Christ the Redeemer.
- Copacabana Beach.
- Ilha Fiscal Castle.
- Ipanema Beach.
- Lage Park.
- Lagoa Neighborhood
- Lapa Arches & Neighborhood.
- Little Beach.
- Maracana Stadium.
- Monastery of Sao Bento.
- Municipal Theater of Rio de Janeiro.
- Museum of Tomorrow.
- Palace of Sao Cristovao.
- Santa Teresa Neighborhood.
- Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Tijuca National Park.
Most important events and festivals in Rio de Janeiro
- Day of St. Sebastian on 20th January.
- Carnival in February.
- June Bonfire Festivals in June.
- Rio de Janeiro Marathon in June.
- Brazil’s Independence Day in September.
- Gay Pride March in September/October.
- Rio International Film Festival in September/October.
- New Year’s Celebrations in December/January.