Vienna is the largest city and the capital of Austria.
The city combines the convenience of a modern cosmopolitan city with the imperial charm and flair of bygone years.
Vienna is clean and safe and has all the inspiration you could wish for on a language course.
The monuments to their rich history and imperial past capture the imagination of history lovers.
Music and art fans swarm to the city, and its vibrant social scene provides fun and entertainment on and off the beaten track.
Why Vienna is the best city to live and study German in Austria
- City of art, architecture, and the famous Viennese cuisine.
- City of music – Mozart, Schubert, and Beethoven.
- Excellent public transport network.
- Safe city.
- The capital of Austria, located in the heart of Europe.
- The city with the Highest Quality of Living in 2017 (source: Mercer Study).
- The language spoken in Austria is German – pure, correct German.
Most popular sights, tourist attractions, and things to do and see in Vienna
- Albertina Museum.
- Belvedere Palace.
- Capuchin Church.
- Colorful Homes of Hundertwasserhaus.
- Danube Island.
- Donner Fountain.
- Hofburg Palace.
- Jewish Museum & Judenplatz Holocaust Memorial.
- Kunsthistorisches Museum.
- Leopold Museum.
- Madama Tussauds Vienna.
- Museum of Military History.
- Museum of Natural History.
- Museum Quarter.
- Naschmarkt Market.
- National Theater of Austria.
- Schönbrunn Palace & Gardens.
- Spanish Riding School.
- St Charles Church.
- St. Stephen's Cathedral.
- The Austrian Parliament.
- The Danube Tower.
- The Famous Demel.
- The Franciscan Church.
- Vienna's City Hall.
- Vienna's Rathaus.
- Vienna's State Opera House.
- Vienna's Zoo.
Most important events and festivals in Vienna
- Vienna Philharmonic’s New Year concert in January.
- Vienna Coffee Festival in January.
- Vienna Ice World in January.
- International Orchid Show in February.
- Easter Markets in March.
- Vinyl & Music Festival in March.
- Blues Spring Festival in March.
- Styrian Spring festival in April.
- Jewish Film Festival in April.
- Craft Beer Festival in May.
- Vienna Wine Fest in May.
- European Street Food Festival in May.
- On Wheels and Tracks in June.
- Vienna Jazz Festival in June.
- Summer Night classical concert in June.
- Rathaus Film Festival in July.
- Vienna Old Timer Parade in August.
- Buskers Festival in September.
- Vienna Harvest Festival in September.
- Viennale in October.
- Vienna Design Week in October.
- Craft Beer Festival in November.
- Christmas Markets in Vienna in December.
- New Year's Eve in Vienna in December.