Southern Lakes English College is a modern Category 1 school, established in 1993 and located in the heart of Queenstown with another campus in Invercargill.
SLEC holds Category 1 status, the highest NZQA classification, this means that students can obtain visas with work rights and take advantage of the immersive experience of working in New Zealand. We pride ourselves on our friendly and vibrant atmosphere and offer excellent standards of student support and pastoral care.
SLEC chool is a Cambridge English language Assessment authorised centre.
Why SLEC Southern Lakes English College is the best language school to learn English in Queenstown
- Central Location.
- Category 1 School (work rights).
- Pathway to Higher Education with Southern Institute of Technology.
- 2 campuses in Queenstown and Invercargill.
Most popular activities that SLEC Southern Lakes English College organises in the afternoons and evenings in Queenstown
- Electives classes such as Pronunciation or Exam Skills.
- Free activities every week for our students to socialise outside of the classroom. Depending the season, we go for a walk, events in town, quiz nights, etc.
- Social activities in the evenings. It all depends on the season and also scheduled activities in town.
Most popular excursions and trips that SLEC Southern Lakes English College organises at the weekends
- Queenstown and its surroundings have amazing short walks and students love to join these and enjoy beautiful views of the mountains and the Lake.
- During Summer we organise Surfing trips for students to experience and learn.